Admirals Academy makes every effort to be a truly inclusive school. We welcome everybody into our academy community and aim to support every child to reach their full potential.
Our SEND Lead is Mrs Hall, who is also a Year 1 teacher in Raleigh Infant Academy.
Our SEND Lead can be contacted via the academy office.
Please write to: Admirals Academy, Admirals Way, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2JT
Ring: 01842 753993
For more information in regard to SEND please look at the documents below. We believe that between us, school and home, we can ensure that your child receives the best support possible. Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Hall on the details above should you have any questions or queries surrounding SEND and your child.
Advice for Parents
- Norfolk Local Offer – information about SEND in Norfolk
- www.norfolkparentpartnership.org.uk – Information to support parents locally
- www.familyvoice.org.uk – Information to support parents locally
Norfolk SEN Network - The aim of the Norfolk SEN Network is to help parents of children with special educational needs to find the right educational placement or provision to meet their needs.
- Norfolk SEND partnership The Norfolk SEND Partnership provides free and impartial information, advice and support about special educational needs & disabilities (SEND) for children, young people, parents and carers.
- SEND: Guide for Parents and Carers The Department for Education publishes a guide on the support system for children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND).
- Active Norfolk Active Norfolk has an area of their site dedicated to helping people with disabilities keep active.
Support for Parents based on Specific Needs
Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC)
Helpful Medical Information
Speech, Language and Communication
Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
SEN Information Report Summary
EMAT SEND Policy
Click on the link for our report summary SEN information report summary 2019-2020
You can find our SEN graduated approach by clicking here graduated response web march 2019
The Norfolk SEND Partnership Newsletters can be read by clicking here.