In April 2013, the Government announced new funding to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport in primary schools. Every Primary school receives a block amount plus an additional sum based on the number of pupils on roll. The money must be spent on improving current provision and providing sustainable PE and Sport. Schools are free to determine how best to use the funding but must work towards: - improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision (both in the curriculum and extra curriculum) - increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils have an opportunity to take part - developing healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of The PE Premium Funding provides an excellent opportunity for the school to further improve its PE provision.
School Vision and Aims
At Admirals Academy we pride ourselves with providing inspirational opportunities to make learning both enjoyable and memorable.
Through our commitment to the use of PE and Sport funding we aim to:
- provide opportunities for all children to develop an enjoyment and enthusiasm for PE and Sport both in school and as part of their everyday lives
- enable all children to understand the importance of the long-term health benefits associated with physical activity
- instil and inspire a lifelong interest in physical activity and sport
Action Key Points
In order for Admirals Academy to achieve and maintain our vision we will focus on the following areas:
- enable the children to experience a wider range of sports
- increase the subject knowledge of all teaching staff
- increase the school’s participation in sports competitions
- monitor the teaching of PE to ensure it is of a high quality
- obtain pupil, staff and parent feedback regarding PE opportunities in and out of school hours